Traveling from Colmar France to Bern Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2016 at 15:39:21 #808528

Hi,

I am traveling from Colmar, France into Bern, Switzerland on April 29th, we are 2 adults and 2 children. I have a Swiss pass and a family card and was wondering: when I reserve the train tickets from Colmar into Bern, can i use the swiss pass or family card to get a discount on the train tickets through Sbb.ch?

Thank you and Best regards,

Ana

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    3 March 2016 at 15:59:20 #848981

Hi Ana,

You don’t need to reserve train tickets: most, if not all, trains from Colmar to Basel (Swiss border) do not require seat reservations. All trains from Basel to Bern are included in the Swiss Travel Pass and you don’t need to book seats either.

So, you only need a ticket for the French leg of your trip: Colmar to Basel. You can buy those from any of the sites listed on myswissalps.com/ traintickets/france/ price. As you live in the US you can take a look at http://www.raileurope.com/eur opean-trains/tgv-lyria/how-to-book.html. Select “No” if they ask if you travel with a rail pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2016 at 19:49:57 #848982

Thank you Arno!!! you are a genius!!

• The thread ‘Traveling from Colmar France to Bern Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.