Traveling from Zermatt to Zurich via Jungfraujoch

Traveling from Zermatt to Zurich via Jungfraujoch

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
MaryN
MaryN
2 posts
Apr 22, 2017 - 1:24 PM

Hello. We have purchased Swiss Travel Passes for our upcoming trip to Switzerland in early June. We would like to know if it would be possible to travel from Zermatt to Jungfraujoch and then on to Zurich all in one day. Would there be enough time to enjoy Jungfraujoch with this itinerary? Thank you!

Arno
Arno
9360 posts
expert &
Apr 22, 2017 - 2:19 PM

Welcome to MySwissAlps MaryN!

Yes, this is possible in one (long) day. The timetable provides the train schedules.

Some tips for the best scenery:

• You can optionally take the route Zermatt - Brig - local train via Kandersteg to Spiez - Interlaken. Better scenery than the quicker route.
  • Be sure to do the full round trip, so via Wengen AND Grindelwald, not the same route up and down.
  • You can take the Golden Pass line to Lucerne and continue to Zurich from there.
MaryN
MaryN
2 posts
Apr 22, 2017 - 7:53 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you so much, Arno! I appreciate the information. I also very much enjoy reading the various posts from people, and it is helping me plan our trip. I will check out everything you sent to me. Thank you again!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017