From Zurich to Geneve in January: itinerary help!

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 December 2016 at 14:08:02 #810409

HI ALL!

WE ARE THREE ADULTS TRAVELING ON THE 1ST OF JANUARY 2017 FROM ZURICH DOWN TO GENEVE.

WE FLY OUT FROM GENEVE ON THE 5TH OF JAN.

WE WOULD LIKE TO GO THE SCENIC ROUTE,SEE THE YUNGFRAU ,MONT BLANC,ICE PALACE AND IMPORTANT OTHER WONDERFUL NATURE SIGHTS …PLEASE ADVISE WHICH!?…AND NEED ADVISE ON STAYING IN THE BEAUTIFUL TOWNS ALONG THE WAY LIKE GRUNDELWALD,LOUSANNE,INTERLAKEN ETC ETC. WE ARE THINKING OF GOING THE AIR BNB WAY…CHEAPEST BUT COSY PLEASE!

WE ARE NOT SURE WHAT RAIL TO BUY AS IT IS A ONE WAY TRIP FROM ZURICH TO GENEVE

WE ARE ALSO UNSURE HOW THE ITINERARY MUST LOOK LIKE…CAN YOU PLEASE ADVISE?

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!

ELLEDEE

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    3 December 2016 at 15:45:43 #857296

Hi Elledee, welcome to MySwissAlps!

May I ask you to read our forum rules please? Please do not write in capitals only, and post to the right forum (not to Trip Reports since this is not a report but a question; I moved it to Miscellaneous). Thank you!

As for your questions, here are a few tips to get started:

• I think you mean the Golden Pass route, right? Please find all details here: myswissalps.com/ goldenpass.
    • The Mont Blanc is not near this route so I’d recommend to skip it as you only have 5 days.
    • There is not much to see in Interlaken itself, although it could be convenient base to explore the region, which is wonderful. The smaller towns in the Jungfrau region are more beautiful.
    • I can’t help with AirBnb, but we do offer a selection of excellent cheap hotels: myswissalps.com/ hotels/budget.
    • Our trip planning section will be useful too.
    • Make sure you plan location names correct, that will help a lot when searching for information, and train schedules in the timetable: Jungfraujoch, Grindelwald, Lausanne.
  • The thread ‘From Zurich to Geneve in January: itinerary help!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.