Zurich to Wilderswil on Bernese Oberland Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2017 at 16:35:20 #812889

Will be buying a Bernese Oberland pass and were advised that I would have to pay fare from Zurich to Luzern as the nearest point where my pass would be valid. When I look at the timetable however the quickest routes from Zurich to Wilderswil are via Bern. Since we will be arriving in the afternoon the extra hour in transit may be an issue. In order to take the shorter route do I have to buy a ticket to Bern instead which is almost double the price from Luzern? Thanks for the help

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2017 at 17:39:25 #868064

Hi GerryPhilip,

Unfortunately, you can’t buy a ticket to a destination that the train isn’t traveling to. If you travel on the faster route to Wilderswil via Bern you must buy a ticket to Bern. You will have to decide between the quickest option or the cheapest option in the end.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 August 2017 at 4:13:10 #868065

Hi Gerry,

The longer route to Wilderswil via Luzern is much more scenic if that is any consolation! From Luzern to Interlaken Ost, you travel over part of the Golden Pass route.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 August 2017 at 14:29:54 #868066

Thanks, that is indeed a silver lining. I was just thinking of our potential landlady but she has assured us that late arrival is not a problem so we shall drink in the scenery while saving a few francs that we shall probably spend on more chocolate and cheese!

• The thread ‘Zurich to Wilderswil on Bernese Oberland Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.