TRAVELLER in LUZEN AND ZERMAT 4 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 October 2013 at 23:42:06 #806194

Dear Sir,

I have buy Eurail Select Pass for 3 country,Germany-Switzerland-Italy
    On 08 November 2013 Stuttgart after lunch will be going to Luzern via Zurichand will be in Luzern for 2 nights.
    On 10 November 2013 will be going to Zermatt and stay in therefor 2 nights
    On 12 November 2013 will be going to Venice via Milan and stayfor 2 nights
    On 14 November 2013 will be going to Rome and stay in there for 3nights.

My questions is, do I needed to buy Swiss pass or Swiss flexypass on Swiss Country? ( which one be good ), if flexy pass will be better, howmuch day I should buy.
    And how about in Italy, do I need buy some ticket such pass inItaly or buy retail in Train station?

Thank you for your kindness help, because it is first time go bymy shelf. Hope you will reply as soon as possible.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    27 October 2013 at 12:47:03 #839305

Hello ear1pro! Since you already have a Eurail Select Pass covering Switzerland, you won’t need an additional pass for this country. Please review the details mentioned at the Eurail Select Pass page and follow the link ‘Overview of the Swiss network on which the Eurail Select Pass is valid’ for details. Only if you’ve planned intensive traveling in trains/cable cars not listed on this map, an addtional pass might come in handy. I’m not into details for Italy, but I expect the same to apply here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 October 2013 at 2:33:24 #839306

Dear Annika,
    Thanks for your kindly reply, Hope I can enjoy my first trip in Switzerland… Thank you so much. by the way, can a Eurail Select Pass be a discounted travel for Cable Car in Zermatt?

Arno
    15482 posts
    28 October 2013 at 2:47:12 #839307

Hello earpro1,

Eurail passes do not provide discounts to the Zermatt cable cars. Just review the link Annika explained about and you’ll see exactly where it’s valid.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 October 2013 at 3:46:51 #839308

Dear Arno,

So, what should I do, what kinds of ticket I should buy. Thanks, sorry to many questions

Arno
    15482 posts
    28 October 2013 at 6:27:29 #839309

Hello earpro1,

If you intend to use one or two cable cars not covered by your pass you can just buy a ticket on the spot at the regular fare. If you have planned more trips you may save with an additional pass such as the Swiss Half Fare Card. You can calculate what’s the best choice for your plans.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 October 2013 at 7:52:08 #839310

Dear Sir,

I saw that ticket from Brig to Milan, is needed to Reserve before go, can I reserve it in another city train station such as from Zurich or Luzern before that day
    ?. Thank you

Arno
    15482 posts
    31 October 2013 at 2:14:26 #839311

Dear earpro1,

You can book train seats at any manned station or online. It’s recommended to do it as soon as possible to make sure your desired seats are available. Theoretically you can do it even on the same day, but of course the chance increases that seats are taken.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 November 2013 at 3:38:59 #839312

Dear Sir,

I will with My Father which have age 73 years old now, and have a little probleem is His heart, arround 35% quality of His Heart. What do you think, about Oxygen Air in Zermat, I will stay in Bristol Hotel Zermatt. Is it indicate thin Air in there?. Thank you.

Arno
    15482 posts
    4 November 2013 at 1:11:47 #839313

Hello earpro1,

I would guess that Zermatt at 1600 m should be no problem yet, but going up into to mountains from there is probably not a good idea. But you can best consult a doctor for medical advice.

• The thread ‘TRAVELLER in LUZEN AND ZERMAT 4 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.