Travelling from Milan/Bern/Zurich/Lucern/Milan

Travelling from Milan/Bern/Zurich/Lucern/Milan

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
serralima
serralima
6 posts
Apr 2, 2016 - 9:45 PM

Hello, we are a group of 2 adult couples (thus 4 people in total) going from Milan, Italy to Bern to spend a day or two visiting the city and from there to Zurich and Lucern on a roundtrip of 1 day to these places. Finally going back to Milan.

what is the cheapest way to choose? A railpass? Anyway to include Milan also or just inside Swiss?

Thanks for anyone who canhelp to clarify.

Regards

Joao

Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Apr 3, 2016 - 1:44 PM

Hi Joao,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Bern is a good base to visit Lucerne, Zurich and of course the town itself. I just wondered if you're aware that Bern is not near the mountains, and nor is Zurich. Lucerne is close to the mountains, but not in the mountains. I'm not sure if you want to see the Alps, but if so, I'd recommend to combine a visit to Lucerne with a trip to Mount Pilatus, skip Zurich, and visit the Jungfrau region instead.

A 3-day Swiss Travel Pass could make sense. Once you have a fixed plan you can check this page to make a choice. The pass is valid from Domodossola, Italy, so you need additional tickets from Milan to Domodossola and back: www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy.

serralima
serralima
6 posts
Apr 4, 2016 - 5:52 PM in reply to Annika

Thanks Annika! :)

At the time I have things solved, I'll certainly check the links you advised.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016