Travelling from switzerland to Munich – Swiss pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2011 at 13:11:32 #804550

Hi,
    I and my family(wife and 2 kids) are travelling to Switzerland in a weeks time and have booked the swiss pass. I plan to travel to munich a week later for a short holiday there. I read somewhere that the swiss pass is valid till St. Margrethen and therefore I will have to pay only for the fare from St. Margrethen to Munich. Is that right and if so, can I just book the tickets for the onward journey to Munich from Interlaken since I will be staying at Interlaken.

Thanks
    Rog

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 August 2011 at 15:58:26 #833683

Hi Rog,

The Swiss Pass is indeed valid until St. Margrethen. You can check the map linked from the Swiss Pass page to see exactly what’s covered. So you need tickets for the leg St. Margrethen – Munich only. You may need a seat reservation as well.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 August 2011 at 1:56:25 #833684

Thanks a lot for the quick reply Modarna. Will I be able to make this booking from Interlaken when I go there? Or is it better to make the reservation online now itself? Since it is a Sunday that I am travelling to Munich will it be difficult to get a a seat considering it is a weekend?

Thanks
    Rog

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 August 2011 at 3:24:04 #833685

Hi Rog,

I would guess that it’s no problem to arrange for that in Interlaken. But if you want to be sure to be able to catch a specific train or seats, it’s always better to book well in advance.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 August 2011 at 3:31:25 #833686

Thanks Arno. You guys are simply terrific.
    Regards
    Rog

• The thread ‘Travelling from switzerland to Munich – Swiss pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.