Travelling from Zurich to Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2015 at 11:38:47 #807463

I will be travelling along with my husband from Zurich HB To Interlaken West via Bern ( using Swiss Trains)

FYI..We have already purchased a 5 transfercard from SwissRailways.

Please advise, as I will be travelling from Zurich HB Via Bern to Interlaken West, will that count as 1 transfer OR

Zurich HB —Bern — 1nd

TransferBern—- Interlaken West—–2nd Transfer

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    26 June 2015 at 12:26:53 #844016

Hi malhotra,

Annika just answered your e-mail with this question. Here’s her answer:

“Most likely, the entire trip Zurich-Interlaken will count as one transfer, not two. However, the “5 transfer card” is not one of the standard Swiss rail passes; these are listed at http://www. myswissalps.com/ swissrailpasses. I think your transfer card is a personalized product, so you can best check with your reseller and ask them how this product works.”

As for your follow-up question through e-mail: yes, tickets will be checked inside the train. You can find a seat and show your tickets when requested.

• The thread ‘Travelling from Zurich to Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.