Travelling to Jungfraujoch with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2017 at 19:33:24 #811893

Hello,

First question:

I am planning to buy swiss travel pass. If I am travelling from Lauterbrunnen to top of europe, do I still need tickets for Lauterbrunnen – klein scheddig? I believed that would have been covered by swiss travel pass. I understand there is another train from Klein schedding to Jungfraujoch which is not covered under swiss tavel pass. But I think swiss travel pass will be helpful to us when we arrive in Lauterbrunnen from GVA (free ride I assume)

Need advice on below:

I only have two full days in Switzerland and I think weather is going to be rainy/cloudy for the days I will be travelling. I still can cancel my hotel reservation in Lauterbrunnen. what are other spots for a family with one kid in Switzerland for two days. I really wanted to go to Top of Europe but that is looking not good due to weather. I might as well save that train money to go somewhere else where weather won’t be much of a hassle. Should we just skip below and visit cities or any other place?? here’s my trip:

Night 1 – arrive in Lauterbrunnen from Geneva airport

Day 1 – was planned around Lauterbrunnen

Day 2 – Lakes at Interlaken

Day 3 – depart to Rome via flight from geneva

Thank you so much!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    20 May 2017 at 12:25:48 #863592

Hi iluvtravel!

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Please see the Swiss Travel Pass map for what’s covered. Lauterbrunnen to Wengen is free. You need a ticket Wengen – Jungfraujoch, which is 25% discounted with your pass.

The weather can’t be predicted more than 2 to 3 days ahead. When will you be there?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2017 at 13:55:55 #863593

hi Arno,

we will be arriving there next monday. going up to Jungfraujoch is on bucket list but if the weather is not nice we are ready to completely shift our 2 day itinerary to other part of switzerland. we just don’t know what other things to look at as we were planning all this time to visit lauterbrunnen and surrounding areas.

thanks for your input.

• The thread ‘Travelling to Jungfraujoch with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.