Travelling to Jungfraujoch with Swiss Travel Pass

Travelling to Jungfraujoch with Swiss Travel Pass

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
iluvtravel
iluvtravel
4 posts
May 19, 2017 - 7:33 PM

Hello,

First question:

I am planning to buy swiss travel pass. If I am travelling from Lauterbrunnen to top of europe, do I still need tickets for Lauterbrunnen - klein scheddig? I believed that would have been covered by swiss travel pass. I understand there is another train from Klein schedding to Jungfraujoch which is not covered under swiss tavel pass. But I think swiss travel pass will be helpful to us when we arrive in Lauterbrunnen from GVA (free ride I assume)

Need advice on below:

I only have two full days in Switzerland and I think weather is going to be rainy/cloudy for the days I will be travelling. I still can cancel my hotel reservation in Lauterbrunnen. what are other spots for a family with one kid in Switzerland for two days. I really wanted to go to Top of Europe but that is looking not good due to weather. I might as well save that train money to go somewhere else where weather won't be much of a hassle. Should we just skip below and visit cities or any other place?? here's my trip:

Night 1 - arrive in Lauterbrunnen from Geneva airport

Day 1 - was planned around Lauterbrunnen

Day 2 - Lakes at Interlaken

Day 3 - depart to Rome via flight from geneva

Thank you so much!!

Arno
Arno
9240 posts
expert &
May 20, 2017 - 12:25 PM

Hi iluvtravel!

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Please see the Swiss Travel Pass map for what's covered. Lauterbrunnen to Wengen is free. You need a ticket Wengen - Jungfraujoch, which is 25% discounted with your pass.

The weather can't be predicted more than 2 to 3 days ahead. When will you be there?

iluvtravel
iluvtravel
4 posts
May 22, 2017 - 1:55 PM in reply to Arno

hi Arno,

we will be arriving there next monday. going up to Jungfraujoch is on bucket list but if the weather is not nice we are ready to completely shift our 2 day itinerary to other part of switzerland. we just don't know what other things to look at as we were planning all this time to visit lauterbrunnen and surrounding areas.

thanks for your input.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017