Travelling to switzerland in june 2013….need som

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2013 at 0:32:48 #805802

hello,
    i m from india, will reach zurich on 6th june, fly out on 17th june. we are 2 couples in 50+, we want to see the most yet we dont want to spend lotsa time travelling, we will b in interlaken for 1 week, and zurich for 4 days, when in interlaken we plan to go to scyhnige platte, jungfrau, berne, montreux n vevey, tummelbachfalls, schilthorn, Ebike tour of interlaken, harderkulm, when in zurich we plan to do the rhine falls, mt titlis, lucerne, n the cheese n choclate factory tour. i have been to switzerland before, however how do i go about booking the choclate n cheese factory booking…..can some one help me…….please suggest any addition or ommission if any,…i will b taking the swiss super saver pass for 15 days……

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 February 2013 at 1:51:06 #838102

Hi nikita123,

Most of the day trips you listed can indeed very well be done from the towns you selected. However, if you don’t want to spend a lot of time traveling you should consider skipping Montreux, Vevey and the Chocolate Train (departing at 9:00 AM from Montreux). I assume you’re referring to the Chocolate Train, which includes a visit to the Gruyères cheese factory. That takes too much time from either Interlaken or Zurich, if you can reach Montreux in time at all. There are alternatives closer to Zurich and Interlaken, such as this tour. Also, you may want to put a visit to the Swiss Open-Air Museum near Interlaken on your list. There are demonstrations of cheese and chocolate making, and lots of other traditional crafts. Entrance is free with your Swiss Pass.

For Swiss Saver Pass details, please check this page and don’t forget to select “India” and the preferred pass type and number of travelers to see the best reseller offers.

For hotels near the rail stations, please check these pages:
    Interlaken
    Zurich

Does this help?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 February 2013 at 9:58:14 #838103

dear Arno,
    thank u very much for the feedback, however i would like to go to montreux n vevey, not for the choclate train, i wish to do the mountain , choclate n cheese tour in zurich, montreux for the city n chateau chillon, vevey for the vineyards……..do u still feel i shud exclude them………your suggestion with be very helpful…….

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 February 2013 at 10:09:15 #838104

dear Arno, i have been to the ballenberg museum during my last visit,

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 February 2013 at 10:32:58 #838105

Hello nikita123,

I was suggesting to skip that because you said you don’t want to spend a lot of time traveling. You can best check the timetable to see if a trip to the Montreux area is acceptable for you. Moneywise it doesn’t make a difference because it’s all covered by the Swiss Pass. It will be a long but scenic trip if you travel via Zweisimmen (Golden Pass route).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 February 2013 at 11:01:51 #838106

hi,
    i have restricted my travel time to 2hr max one way , i guess i cud travel one way via Zweissimmen, which may take a little longer n return via visp n speiz, since i m not doing toomuch of long travel i would buy a second class pass, on the golden panoramic,the first class view is better isnt it,?? can i upgrade ours to first class while reserving the tickets at interlaken……please advise…

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 February 2013 at 13:15:55 #838107

hi,please can u suggest a website from where i could buy the tickets to jungfrau, titlis n schilthorn in indian rupees……..it would b a great help……thank you

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 February 2013 at 14:33:25 #838108

Hi nikita123,

First class is more comfortable and the windows are larger. The main difference for the leg Zweisimmen – Montreux is that you can book first class VIP seats in the front of the train. That’s really special. There are only about 8 of such seats per train.

Your pass can be purchased here and you can pay with Indian rupees. If you want to book seats for the Golden Pass you can order that along from the same website as well, from this page. They don’t sell tickets to the Jungfrau, Titlis and Schilthorn, unless these trips are included in a full travel package. You can purchase those ticket on the spot. They don’t sell out. If you want to have them beforehand, you can order the tickets for the Titlis and Schilthorn through the Swiss Railways (payment in Swiss francs).

• The thread ‘Travelling to switzerland in june 2013….need som’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.