Travelling to zermatt

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2011 at 10:55:45 #804388

from 19th june we are in interlaken,holding a bernese oberland pass, i am aware we get free transport as far as
    goppenstien..
    what is the best time train to depart on to give us time to explore and go up the funiucular/or cable car?
    what would the cost be from goppenstien to zermatt and back ??
    and what would be the best train to catch to get us back into interlaken before 8-30pm ??
    thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    13 June 2011 at 5:10:41 #833139

Hi fishermanrob! If I were you, I’d leave early for Zermatt to have enough time to visit a viewing point. Moreover, weather and views are often better in the morning than in the (early) afternoon. But of course weather circumstances vary each day, so you should check weather forecasts shortly before leaving to find out what’s the best time of the day to get up by cable car or funicular. The trip takes about 2h15 to 2h30, so you could leave about 7am in order to spend the day in Zermatt. The Swiss timetable will help you to find the exact travelling times and the trains you want to catch.

• The thread ‘Travelling to zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.