Travelling with 1 year old infant

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2011 at 4:44:43 #804652

Hi,
    I am travelling to Switzerland for the first time with a family of 4 Adults, 1 child (5&half yrs old) and an 1year old infant. Our tentative tour itinerary is as below:-
    Aug 30:- Landing in Zurich at 1:30pm; take a train to Lucerne. Evening sight-seeing in Lucerne (Please suggest places to visit in the evening)

Aug 31:- Excursion to Mt. Titlis (I checked the temperature and its 1 degree celcius all t hru the year; is it advisable to take my 1yr old infant to Mt. Titlis? If yes, what precautions do you suggest? Do you think I should keep a Nebulisar Machine with me during the travel, just in case kids get wheezing after Mountain Tour?

Sept 1:- After breakfast, take a train to Interlaken; relaxed day in Interlaken. (Please suggest important places to visit)

Sept 2:- Excursion to Top of Europe (Request your guidance to find Top of Europe excursions from Interlaken; most are from Lucerne)

Sept 3:- After breakfast take a train to Zurich; sight seeing in Zurich. We are planning to take 3hour planned tours to cover imp places; is it right or you have better suggestion?

Kind request to please reply at your earliest convenience as my flight to Zurich is tomm night:-)

Thanks and regards, Pallavi

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    28 August 2011 at 12:10:30 #834060

Hi Pallavi,

Many attractions will be closed after 6:00 PM, so I would suggest to visit a nice restaurant, and explore the old town on foot: e.g. the Kapellbrücke (Chapel Bridge) and the Löwendenkmal (Lion Monument).

Healthy children will not have any problems at the summits. Just bring warm clothes. Please check this topic as well.

As for the Jungfraujoch (Top of Europe): I assume you’ve been looking into guided excursions, but you can easily purchase your own train tickets and start your trip at the Interlaken Ost station. Interlaken itself does not have a lot of places of interest. It’s the surrounding region that is most interesting. I would suggest a boat trip or a short hike. Day trip ideas are here.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 August 2011 at 7:22:48 #834061

Hi,
    Thanks for the prompt response; I am so glad to know its safe to take children to Mt. Titlis; was a bit concerned about my 1yr old! Have packed enough warm clothes for her; praying all goes well:-)

Really appreciate your suggestions about places to visit in Lucerne as well as Day tours from Interlaken; it will surely help us to plan each day in a better way.

Will keep in touch during our Swiss trip and post tour experience after that too!

Thank you once again.

Best wishes, Pallavi

• The thread ‘Travelling with 1 year old infant’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.