Travelling with 6 month infant – need dos & donts

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2015 at 5:01:50 #807771

Please help me finalize my itinerary keeping an infant in mind. Suggestions needed for dos and donts with the infant in the country. My travelling dates are from Oct 24 to 2 Nov.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    17 August 2015 at 6:11:40 #845422

Hi Adu1505, welcome to our forum!

Sure we want to help you finalize your plans. It’s difficult right now as we don’t know anything about your preferences. Could you please post your tentative itinerary, allowing us to help you out with the details?

A general tip on traveling with an infant is to avoid intensive and long traveling. Try to minimize your amount of base towns and focus on short day trips rather than on long transfers throughout the country. Also, be careful when visiting mountain tops high up in the Alps, as infants may suffer from altitude sickness. Please refer to the information under ‘Preparation’ at http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch, for example.

• The thread ‘Travelling with 6 month infant – need dos & donts’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.