travelling with a dog

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2014 at 13:17:45 #806338

We are going to a caravan site in Brienz for 10 days in June. We have a dog and wondered if it would be worth getting a Regional pass. I understand we would have to purchase a half price pass for the dog but would like to know if they are allowed on all trains, cable cars & boats? if not it might not be worth getting one.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 May 2014 at 18:16:47 #839856

Hi ormesbyannie, welcome to MySwissAlps!

You don’t need a Swiss Half Fare Card for your dog, only reduced tickets or a day card. See here for further details.

Please read the forum rules before posting. Submitting the same post to multiple fora is not allowed, so I removed your other post.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2014 at 22:33:30 #839857

Thank you for quick reply…..so if we purchase a regional train pass we would just pay for dog for each journey? Are dogs allowed on boat trips & on cable cars?

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 May 2014 at 5:52:15 #839858

Hi ormesbyannie,

Yes, just pay for each journey or get a day card. Please go to the page I gave you, it is all explained there, and also includes a link to more information from the Swiss federal railways (SBB).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2014 at 6:35:15 #839859

Thank you

• The thread ‘travelling with a dog’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.