Visit Trift suspension bridge if tight on time?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 August 2016 at 1:54:38 #809834

My wife and I will be starting a hike from Meiringen and did not know if it would be worth our while to make the effort to visit the Trift Suspension Bridge before we begin our hike. And if so how difficult it is to coordinate the trip. We may be tight on time and would need to make a decision between visiting the bridge and then catching the bus from Meiringen to Schwarzwaldalp as opposed to not seeing the bridge and hiking from Meiringen to Schwarzwaldalp. The bridge was not in our plans but saw a picture of it and the area and thought I should at least gather some information. Thanks for any insight. Rob

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15478 posts
    10 August 2016 at 15:12:03 #854918

Hi Rob,

If you’re tight on time I would not recommend to also include the Trift bridge in your plans for the day. You would have to take a bus to “Nessental, Triftbahn”, then take the lift up, and walk for 90 minutes to reach the bridge. Then the same way back again.

• The thread ‘Visit Trift suspension bridge if tight on time?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.