Trip advice for May in Lauterbrunnen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 March 2015 at 1:39:33 #807004

My wife and I are planning a trip to the Lauterbrunnen area. We are looking at arriving May 30 or first week of June. We wanted to know if there are any closures during that time – including trails, hotels, areatowns (such as Murren, Wengel, Mannlichen), public transportation etc. We would be looking to see a lot of the usual sights in the area. I understand weather is unpredictable throughout the summer, but we were just concerned that this could be too early to go. I didn’t know if thishas been a longer winter than usual or if you would have any idea of what to expect for that time. We have the ability to move our trip to end of June if needed, though it is tougher for our schedules. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    23 March 2015 at 23:37:09 #842100

You should move your trip to end June if possible. In early June many of the famous walks, such as Männlichen to Kleine Scheidegg, First to Bachalpsee, and all of the walks accessed by the Allmendhubel lift (above Mürren) will still be closed. Many of the hotels may be closed as well.

• The thread ‘Trip advice for May in Lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.