Trip in Oct16 or Nov16? Any suggestions itinerary

• vjvinit
    Participant
    8 posts
    16 August 2016 at 15:33:50 #809902

We are planning to Visit Switzerland in the month of Oct-16 or Nov-16. Nothing is booked or decided yet.

Persons – 2 (Me & My Wife)

Dates- Flexible but after Sep-16

I have few questions in my Mind, Hope if anybody can help me on that.

1) http://www.myswissalps.com/pl antrip/doityourself/sa mpleitineraries/ultima teswissscenictrains – I have found this itinerary on site. I feel it’s just hopping on Train and hopping off for all days. Any other things We should try at above locations?

2) I have heard about Airbnb, Shall We try to book through Airbnb or Any other Hotel will be Great.

3) Which Rail Pass we should opt for?

4) We should book our Holidays through any Travel Agent or DIY will be Good?

5) Any other suggestions are welcome.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 August 2016 at 15:52:45 #855183

Hi vjvinit,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

1) Yes, the theme of that trip is scenic train rides, but you can book additional nights wherever you like. Please click the links to the towns in that itinerary, and check the “What to do” tab for suggestions.

2) We can’t help with Airbnb.

3) The shopping list on the page you mentioned explains what you need to buy. If you alter the itinerary, you may need another pass. Please first have a fixed itinerary, then pick a pass: myswissalps.com/ train/ticketspasses.

4) You don’t need a travel agent unless they happen to offer the exact tour you are interested in. The itinerary you found on our website can easily be booked by yourself. See the shopping list please. If you prefer a customized itinerary created by travel experts, please have a look here.

I hope the above was useful!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2016 at 8:01:38 #855184

>> We are planning to Visit Switzerland in the month of Oct-16 or Nov-16. Nothing is booked or decided yet. Persons – 2 (Me & My Wife) Dates- Flexible but after Sep-16

Hi vjvinit,

I would suggest you visit as early as possible. Travelling in November will reduce your options substantially, as many cable cars etc close for maintenance at various times in November. There will still be plenty to do and see in November, but you may have to make more compromises. The weather of course is getting colder in October and November and you will need suitable footwear and clothing to enjoy the outdoors, especially at higher altitudes.

>> I have heard about Airbnb, Shall We try to book through Airbnb or Any other Hotel will be Great.

Regardless of what type of accommodation you choose, I suggest you consider these things before booking:

– Choose one or more locations from which you will not need to travel too far to see the sights you most want to see. Good options for a first trip to Switzerland are Luzern/Lucerne and/or the Jungfrau Region: Wengen, Grindelwald, Mürren or Lauterbrunnen in the mountains, or Interlaken.

– If you plan to visit mountain tops such as Titlis or Jungfraujoch, be aware that the views are sometimes obscured by clouds. Staying several days in the area will increase your chances of getting a clear day to enjoy the views.

– Make sure your accommodation is reasonably close to public transport: easy access to a railway station will allow you to make the most of your time.

Hope this is helpful.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Trip in Oct16 or Nov16? Any suggestions itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.