Trip on GodenPass line

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2013 at 13:10:33 #806023

Gents

I will visit Switzerland on 25 of June 2013 and planning to buy a swiss pass to travel from Geneva to Interlaken on GoldenPass Line train.

I tried to check the schedule on sbb.ch but could not find any trip on 25 of June 2013.

I appreciate if one can help me on this regard.

regds.
    bashnaini

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 May 2013 at 6:11:57 #838776

Hi bashnaini,

I’m not sure what the problem is. I can find trains for that date, for example:

Geneva departure: 08:33
    Montreux arrival: 09:39
    Montreux dep.: 09:44
    Zweisimmen arr.: 11:32
    Zweisimmen dep.: 11:38
    Interlaken Ost arr.: 12:49

Note that if you just request Geneva to Interlaken in the timetable, other connections may be suggested as the Golden Pass is not the quickest route. Fill out the “via station” of Gstaad to force it to list options via the Golden Pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2013 at 8:54:02 #838777

Hi Arno
    Thanks for the feedback;
    Hoever, I know thta in sbb.ch schedule I must see the train type as GOLDEN PASS PANORAMIC train in the comments column.
    In the schedule you mentioned in your response below, the train type is Regio, LÖTSCHBERGER, Euro city. None of them is GODEN PASS train.
    the only GOLDENPASS PANORAMIC train I found is from Zweisimmen to Interlaken Ost at 15:38 arr at 16:49

there is no GOLDENPASS PANORAMIC train before 15:38 which I think is a little bit late.

Any one know if there is an early (09:00 AM) GOLDEN PASS PANORAMIC train that we can take on 25 June 2013.

Regards.
    Bashnaini

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 May 2013 at 10:06:59 #838778

Hi Bashnaini,

You best download this file (PDF) that only shows the official Golden Pass trains and not the regular trains on the route. There are several GoldenPass trains throughout the day, but they’re not all called “Panoramic”. I don’t think the SBB currently shows the exact name of the train. Also the name is not that important as all trains, the regular ones included, offer the same view. It only matters if you’re planning to book specific seats such as the VIP seats in the front of the train. The sample connection I provided is in fact a GoldenPass Panoramic train.

Hopefully this clears things up for you!

• The thread ‘Trip on GodenPass line’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.