Trip report: Our wonderful trip in end of May

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2016 at 7:51:02 #809349

Hi,

Before I write about our trip I would like to give a big shout out to Arno and Slowpoke for all the amazing pointers they gave me during the planning stage, thank you guys you are awesome 🙂

I learned about 30% off on the 4 Day 1st Class pass on this forum and it was a delight for us, as with 30% off it was almost very close of normal 2nd Class 4 Day consecutive Swiss Travel Pass , I quickly grabbed that offer 🙂 , Big thanks to Arno.

Here is what we did :

Day 1 : Travel from Paris to Basel on TGV , then Basel to Luzern using SBB Super Saver Tickets (50% discount), we had 4 day Swiss Travel Pass so we decided to use that from next day instead of first day. Spent some time in roaming around Luzern Lake, Chappel Bridge and bit of Old town

Day 2: We wanted to go to Titlis on one of these days, but to to our luck weather started getting bad and rain in the morning, I checked all weather sites and it showed it will be same for next 4-5 days. Hence We decided to give it a shot anyway on Day 2, We had Travel Pass now so it was easy to roam around with local transport, and trains. We got to titlis in wet weather and in midst of light snowfall ( it was actually awesome for us, as in the part of world we live in we never get to see snow fall ) . Had good lunch @ Titlis , played on Ice , walked a bit on Bridge. Did not do the Ice Flyer as there were clouds and no fun if you cant see down much clear. Overall Experience, I would say we Enjoyed, although we would have wished for sunny weather. After we came back , we had some time in the evening to we hopped on to Sunset Cruise which was about to leave from Luzer Pier, again Loved it…

Day 3: Took Willhelm Tell Express with Starting in Luzern with Crusie and Ended in a Super train ride in Locarno. We then took a small train to Domodossla really good small Italy experience for few hours, came back to Brig and then to Bern and Back to Luzern by 9PM. It was really good day and enjoyed every moment.

Day 4: Went to Mt Rigi round trip with two different routes , absolutely worth going , good Cogwheel Ride, good views from Top, I would say its one of the “Must Visit” spot.

Day 5: This day we said “Bye Bye Luzern” and moved to Zurich, kept our luggage and moved on to Rhine Falls, again amazing amazing views there, took a boat ride which takes you very near to falls to see the might of flowing water, we were just awestruck with the sheer water force so close t us. Came back to Zurich , had late lunch, did bit of chocolate and some local stuff shopping and went to the Airport to fly back home

Trip ended well with huge smiles on all family members and hopefully we will return for sure some day.

If it was not this forum/website , I am sure this trip would not have been so successful , Guys Keep it up

Best Regards,

MK

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    4 June 2016 at 13:30:28 #852622

Hi MK,

Many thanks for taking the time to report about your trip! Despite the weather on Mount Titlis, it still looks like you got a good taste of Switzerland during your 5 days. I’m glad you liked Switzerland and our website!

Kind regards,

Annika

• The thread ‘Trip report: Our wonderful trip in end of May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.