Trip to Broc-Chocolate & Gruyeres from Interlaken

• Dhrupad
    Participant
    2 posts
    28 May 2017 at 11:56:30 #812013

Hi friends.

To begin with, I really admire this forum for its dedicated & experienced members who provide such valuable information.

Here’s my request to you:

I will be based in Interlaken (for 2-3 days) & wanted to plan a day trip to Broc-Chocolate factory & Gruyeres.

While I know Interlaken is not the best location to visit these places, but it is what it is 🙂

I will be traveling with my wife & my 4 yr old daughter, and the chocolate factory doesn’t seem to be negotiable at the moment 🙂

Can you please let me know, if I can visit the Chocolate Factory, Cheese Factory and the castle at Gruyeres, and get back to Interlaken on the same day? Would it be better to visit the Choc factory before and then come back to see the Cheese Factory & the castle or the other way around? If this is not possible, then which among these can I accomplish in a day. We can start the day at 9 or 10 am, but I would probably look to get back to the Hotel by 8pm.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2017 at 15:58:47 #864111

Hi Dhrupad and welcome to MySwissalps!

Its great to hear you are enjoying our website.

You can visit Gruyeres and the chocolate and cheese factories at the same time (it is about 2.5 hours each way however). But if you start by 9am it should be ok with proper planning. The cheese factory is close to the train station and the castle isn’t far either. I would do the chocolate factory, come back to town and decide from there what to see (depending on what your family wants to see the most).

You can use the Swiss railways timetable to plan your trip here to Gruyeres from Interlaken.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Trip to Broc-Chocolate & Gruyeres from Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.