Trip to Lauterbrunnen valley

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2015 at 20:51:13 #807545

planning a half day trip to lauterbraunen valley .interlaken to lauterbraunen valley then to murren village then decent to gimmelwald then to stechelberg and return by bus to lauterbraunen

is it possible in half day as I will reach Interlaken by 12 pm , check in and after lunch planning for above trip .please let me know

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    12 July 2015 at 0:17:29 #844418

<<“is it possible in half day “>>

Yes.

Look at the timetable.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

I hope you have good weather, althoug this trip has enough low altitude components to be pleasant no matter how cloudy the day.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 July 2015 at 7:34:02 #844419

I have three kids 9 yrs , 7 yrs , 4 yrs .what is the best way to enjoy the scenery of lauterbraunen valley .there is a bus from lauterbraunen valley to stechelberg .if I take that bus can I hop down for staubach falls , visit fall from behind , then again get a bus from there to go further or u sugest walking from lauterbraunen to stechelbeg which might be difficult wid kids .Do u recommend going to trummellbach falls with kids ?

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    12 July 2015 at 8:19:29 #844420

This website has a lot of useful information.

http://www.myswissalps.com/hi king/lauterbrunnen-stechelberg

The distance is about 7 km, on essentially level terrain.

There are approximately 8 bus stops along the route, Including some less frequently used ones which will require pressing the button on the bus to signal for the driver to stop, or waiting at the station and signaling the driver to stop.

The buses run every 30 minutes. Use the timetable.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

The map on MapSearch.CH shows bus stops if you zoom in far enough and click the box for “Traffic” on the left.

map.classic.search.ch/

The Staubbach Falls are a ten minute walk from Lauterbrunnen station.

I have never done exactly what you propose, but it should work quite as you describe. However, note that the Staubbach Falls are an easy walk from LauterbrunnenStation. I that is all you wish to see,then , you will not need to ridethe bus.Not sure exactly whether there is any limitation on what time of year you can walk “into/behind” the falls.

skibill
    Participant
    22 posts
    12 July 2015 at 20:24:44 #844421

We just went to Trummelbach Falls yesterday. We walked from the Lauterbrunnen Train station with no problem. It took awhile but it is flat and a beautiful walk. You could also bike or take the bus. Afterward, we took the bus to the Schilthornbahn station to take the cable car back to Murren.

Our 20 month old was not allowed inside so we split into two groups. The 6 and 7 yr old though got a bit scared by the noise and darkness and we opted to not take them through the 2nd half. So be aware of that with your younger kids. They don’t allow under 3 and she said sometimes a bit older?!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2015 at 2:35:31 #844422

Two friends and I will be arriving in Lauterbrunnen late morning/early afternoon on 27 Sept. After checking in at our hotel, are either of the two walks described in previous messages (Staubbach or Trummelbach) walkable there and back before the evening meal time and for sure before sunset at 19:15? (we are in our 50’s and 60’s and used to doing some walking)

Thank you for all the helpful hints that are being offered on this site as we prepare our trip to Switzerland.

Arno
    15471 posts
    13 July 2015 at 9:55:10 #844423

The Staubbach is very close so you can even do that after dinner, as long as there’s day light (see Slowpoke’s comment). The Trümmelbach Falls close at 5 PM. It takes around 45 minutes on foot to get there, or more if you take it slow and take pictures along the way. By bus it only takes 10 minutes.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2015 at 13:09:44 #844424

Thank you Arno! Helpful comments. I do tend to take lots of photos, so the hint re: the walk to Trummelbach is appreciated.

• The thread ‘Trip to Lauterbrunnen valley’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.