Trip to Mont Blanc and hiking tips

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2010 at 9:07:15 #803778

I want to make a trip to the Mont Blanc but I just found out that this is actually outside of Switzerland, is that correct? Should I get to Chamonix in France? How to get here? Our residence is Lausanne.

Also I’m concerned that the Mont Blanc doesn’t seem to be included in the Swiss Pass, could anyone let me know if I’m right on this?

Another question has to do with hikes around Lausanne and the Mont Blanc region. I didn’t find routes in that area on this website. Could you give me some tips on short and easy trails? Thanks in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    16 April 2010 at 12:42:20 #831108

Hello Marianna,

You can plan your trip from Lausanne through the online timetable. You should indeed travel to Chamonix by train. The most easy route requires only one change of trains in Martigny. From Chamonix, cable cars leave for Aguille du Midi and Brévent, which both offer views of the Mont Blanc range.

The Swiss Pass is valid from Lausanne to Chamonix in France, so you don’t have to pay for the train journey. Cable cars from Chamonix are not included in the Swiss Pass though, so you should pay the full price for the section Chamonix – Aiguille du Midi/Brévent.

I’m not familiar with the surroundings of Chamonix myself, but the Chamonix tourism website offers a fine list of hiking tips.

• The thread ‘Trip to Mont Blanc and hiking tips’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.