Trip to Murren with loop via Gimmelwald

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 July 2015 at 13:33:36 #807561

What isthe best way to reach murren from lauterbraunen valley to make a loop via decent through gimmelwald.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    15 July 2015 at 15:43:26 #844493

Hi rubenahameed!

Routes to Muerren from the Lauterbrunnen valley are described here. When traveling up from Stechelberg, you will pass Gimmelwald on your way to Muerren. If you travel from Lauterbrunnen/Gruetschalp, you can get on the cable car down to Gimmelwald once you reach Muerren, and return by cable car again.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 July 2015 at 16:10:50 #844494

Which loop to follow is recommended while accent n decent .is gimmelwald or murren or both shud be visited as both r beautiful villages ?

Annika
    7104 posts
    16 July 2015 at 6:48:13 #844495

Hi rubenahameed! I’m not quite sure if I understand your follow-up question. Did you read the route descriptions I linked to? And if so, what exactly don’t you understand?

Muerren is a popular tourist town high above the Lauterbrunnen valley, with great views. Gimmelwald is located just as beautifully, but it’s much smaller and there’s not that much you can do there, other than enjoying the views.

• The thread ‘Trip to Murren with loop via Gimmelwald’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.