Trip to Murren with loop via Gimmelwald

Trip to Murren with loop via Gimmelwald

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
rubenahameed
rubenahameed
20 posts
Jul 15, 2015 - 1:33 PM

What isthe best way to reach murren from lauterbraunen valley to make a loop via decent through gimmelwald.

Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Jul 15, 2015 - 3:43 PM

Hi rubenahameed!

Routes to Muerren from the Lauterbrunnen valley are described here. When traveling up from Stechelberg, you will pass Gimmelwald on your way to Muerren. If you travel from Lauterbrunnen/Gruetschalp, you can get on the cable car down to Gimmelwald once you reach Muerren, and return by cable car again.

rubenahameed
rubenahameed
20 posts
Jul 15, 2015 - 4:10 PM

Which loop to follow is recommended while accent n decent .is gimmelwald or murren or both shud be visited as both r beautiful villages ?

Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Jul 16, 2015 - 6:48 AM

Hi rubenahameed! I'm not quite sure if I understand your follow-up question. Did you read the route descriptions I linked to? And if so, what exactly don't you understand?

Muerren is a popular tourist town high above the Lauterbrunnen valley, with great views. Gimmelwald is located just as beautifully, but it's much smaller and there's not that much you can do there, other than enjoying the views.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016