Trip to switzerland, Februari 2015

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 January 2015 at 9:22:22 #806826

Hi there,

My husband and i planning to go on vacation in switzerland from 24/2/2015 – 27/2/2015. We will arrive at Zurich Airport at 4.35 pm. Then we will check in at Lauterbrunen hotel 1 night and the rest at interlaken hotel. I guess in February it is still winter at that time.

i) On 25th we plan to go to jungfruch. Do you have any other suggestion place that we can go?

ii) Which swiss pass that i can buy for 24-27/2/2015 from airport?

Thank you for your help.

Noor Mohd

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15481 posts
    23 January 2015 at 13:42:27 #841602

Hi Noor,

I would recommend to stay in either Lauterbrunnen or Interlaken, not both. They’re very close together, and changing hotels will take precious time you could spend sightseeing.

i) Don’t do this on a fixed day, but first check if the weather is fine so that you can enjoy the views up there. If it’s not, you can still go the next day. It’s a full day trip if you take your time, but you can also add a short hike like Lauterbrunnen – Stechelberg or Grütschalp – Mürren. Further information can be found on the Jungfraujoch page. The local tourist office will be able to suggest more trails that are open in Winter.

ii) A 4-day Swiss Travel Pass would suit your needs, but you can also consider a Swiss Half Fare Card. Please see the links for all details. You can buy these passes online, which is cheaper than at the airport. Please see here to check prices and points of sale.

Have a great time!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 January 2015 at 14:00:12 #841603

Thank you very much Arno for your feedback.It will be very useful for me to plan my trip…:)

Noor

• The thread ‘Trip to switzerland, Februari 2015’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.