Trotti bike fears!!

• swisscat
    Participant
    18 posts
    27 July 2014 at 0:26:35 #806540

The idea of Trotti bikes fills me with fear, not because I am a confirmed coward who will either keep the brakes on full through the whole descent or get off and walk, but because my 3 teenage boys (14, 17 & 19) won’t put the brakes on at all and are likely to try doing stunts on them!

Given that we have a season ticket to our local accident and emergency department through various sports – including 2 children in 1 weekend! – what is the worst that can happen on these, over the handlebars? falling off? running over their own foot? suspected neck/spinal injuries? broken bones? They’ve had them all on various bikes.

I know I will have to give in and let them hurtle down the hillside but depending on the severity of the possible injuries I need to know whether to schedule them at the beginning or end of the holiday!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    27 July 2014 at 11:08:56 #840730

Hello swisscat,

Making a ride down on a trotti bike is great. We’re not 21 any more, but we did it anyway, a couple of years ago – from Sulwald to Isenfluh. Not too long and keeping the breaks on full, like you do. I think it is really important that your children know that a trotti ride can be dangerous in the mountains. The other side of the story is that you see young kids do it, without any problem. It’s just the one on the bike who will have to realize that doing stunts is not a good idea.

I have to be honest, I’m not a dare devil myself…

Have a wonderful trip, and a safe one!

• The thread ‘Trotti bike fears!!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.