Trotti bike fears!!

Trotti bike fears!!

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
swisscat
swisscat
18 posts
Jul 27, 2014 - 12:26 AM
The idea of Trotti bikes fills me with fear, not because I am a confirmed coward who will either keep the brakes on full through the whole descent or get off and walk, but because my 3 teenage boys (14, 17 & 19) won't put the brakes on at all and are likely to try doing stunts on them!

Given that we have a season ticket to our local accident and emergency department through various sports - including 2 children in 1 weekend! - what is the worst that can happen on these, over the handlebars? falling off? running over their own foot? suspected neck/spinal injuries? broken bones? They've had them all on various bikes.

I know I will have to give in and let them hurtle down the hillside but depending on the severity of the possible injuries I need to know whether to schedule them at the beginning or end of the holiday!!

Olga
Olga
460 posts
top member
Jul 27, 2014 - 11:08 AM in reply to swisscat

Hello swisscat,

Making a ride down on a trotti bike is great. We're not 21 any more, but we did it anyway, a couple of years ago - from Sulwald to Isenfluh. Not too long and keeping the breaks on full, like you do. I think it is really important that your children know that a trotti ride can be dangerous in the mountains. The other side of the story is that you see young kids do it, without any problem. It's just the one on the bike who will have to realize that doing stunts is not a good idea.

I have to be honest, I'm not a dare devil myself...

Have a wonderful trip, and a safe one!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016