Troubled which Swiss pass to purchase, need help!!

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 December 2014 at 14:43:08 #806746

Pls help to advise me as this is my first time to Europe.. Thanks!

I am Valerie from Singapore and planning with my friends (Group of 6pax) and trip to Switzerland and Milan and my itinerary as follows:-

20th Feb 2015: Zurich airport to Zurich old town and to Rhinefalls and back to old town. I was thinking of getting a 9 O’clock Zurich pass so I can travel free over there without using the swiss pass.

21st Feb 2015: Zurich HB to Luzern, will go to the old town and go to mt titilis.

22nd Feb 2015: From Lucern, will plan to go to Bern and back to Lucern.

23rd Feb 2015: Will travel from interlaken to Lake thun and back to interlaken

24th Feb 2015: Will travel from interlaken to Jungfraujoch and back to interlaken.

25th Feb: Will travel from interlaken to Milan. For this sector I was thinking of just getting a point ticket.

My question is from 21st Feb to 24th Feb I would like to get a 4 day continuous swiss pass and on 25th Feb get a point ticket to Milan. Do you think this is the best way to go about or what kind of pass do you suggest?

How much will I need to pay to travel from luzern to mt titilus and interlaken to jungfraujoch?

Pls help to advise my options, thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions, yr help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 December 2014 at 19:14:47 #841368

Hi Valerieong19,

It looks like you’re given your plan good thought! Using the Swiss Pass for 21 to 24 February seems like a good choice, assuming that you will use the pass extensively during the local trips on February 23 and 24 as well. You can do the full boat trip from Interlaken to Thun for free, and the ride back by train or bus too. So that’s what I would recommend. After visiting the Jungfraujoch you can also visit Mürren for free: by bus from Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg, cable car from Stechelberg to Mürren, walk or train from Mürren to Grütschalp, cable car from Grütschalp back to Lauterbrunnen. It’s all free with your Swiss Pass. If you don’t plan such trips, you may want to consider the Swiss Half Fare Card instead.

All Swiss Pass information can be found here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isspass. You can download a map there that shows what’s included. Luzern to Mount Titlis is free to Engelberg. The cable car from there is 50% discounted and will cost around CHF 45. Interlaken to Jungfraujoch is free to Grindelwald or Wengen. From there it’s 25% discounted and that will cost around CHF 125.

Point to point tickets can be found through http://www.raileurope.com.sg/ train/italian-trains-frecciarossa. You can order along the passes and get a discount on the whole order.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 December 2014 at 15:14:26 #841369

Thanks so much for your good advise!! I have decided to go with your recommendations!!

BTW, do you know where i can get a map of the railway station in Zurich, lucerne and interlaken, as i am worried about the connection to change platform and would like to have a map to show where all the platform is located. Thanks for your help!

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 December 2014 at 19:15:00 #841370

You’re welcome! Station maps are available for the larger stations, and you can find them on sbb.ch. It’s very easy: once you know the platform number (through the online timetable, train intercom or info boards at the station), you simply follow the blue signs. They’re hard to miss.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 December 2014 at 16:59:38 #841371

Thanks for your advise! I had just managed to purchase the swiss pass and would like to know with this pass am I able to ride on all the boats like Wilhelm Tell express steamer or do i still need to pay additional amount? As I would like to take as boat ride to lake lucern and also to lake thun… Pls help to advise, thanks.

Arno
    15484 posts
    6 December 2014 at 19:17:40 #841372

Hi,

If you download the map from the Swiss Pass page you can see what’s included. Boats on Lake Lucerne and Lake Thun are free. The Wilhelm Tell Express is free as well, expect for the seat reservations. See here for details please.

• The thread ‘Troubled which Swiss pass to purchase, need help!!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.