Oct 12, 2015 - 9:39 AM
My family of 6, consisting of 2 adults and 4 children, age 16, 14, 11 and 9 are planning our our trip to Switzerland from 6th to 22nd December 2015. Although we main intention is to learn skiing (beginners), we intend to do some half-day visits in the afternoon /full-day visit during this period to nearby vinicity. We do not intend to drive and will rely heavily on public transport. I would like to seek your advice on the types of travel passes which would most suit our requirements, based on our itinerary listed below:
- 6th December – Arriving at Zurich Airport and travel to Andermatt. Staying in Andermatt from 6th to 13th December. Base - Andermatt from 6th to 13th December
- 7th to 12th December – Making half-day visits to Hospental, Realp, etc.
- 10th December – One-day visit to Lake Maggiore region (and back to Andermatt in the evening)13th December – Travelling from Andermatt to Chateau-d’Oex (and staying in Chateau-d’Oex). Base - Chateau-d'Oex from 13th to 20th December.
- 13th to 20th December – Staying in Chateau-d’Oex. Visiting Rougemont and Gstaad. Doing half-day visit in Pays-d’Enhaut region. 18th December — Making day visit to Neuchatel and La Chaux-de-Fonds20th December – Leaving Chateau-d’Oex for Zurich
- 20th to 22nd December – Staying in Zurich and travelling around Zurich. Base: Zurich from 20th to 22nd December.
- 22nd December – Go to Zurich airport to catch a flight back at 4pm.
I sincerely hope to have some advice from you. Thank you!