Clarification needed about what”s covered in pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2017 at 21:23:35 #812424

Dears,

Iam planning a trip to Swiss [basel]

I want to visit Interlaken, Mt.Titis and some other spots in swiss.

I would to know will buying the Swiss rail pass would suffice my needs ?

That is will the travel from basel to interlaken ; travel within the interlaken and tickest to Mt.titls will this is covered in the swiss rail pass ?

Can you please help me on this asap please ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2017 at 5:45:15 #865855

Hi samo, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The train from Basel to Interlaken, local buses in Interlaken, and the train to Engelberg (for the Titlis gondola) are free with the Swiss Travel Pass. The trip up to Titlis by gondola and cable car from Engelberg is discounted by 50%.

You can download a map showing what is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. As explained in the legend on the map, red lines are trains, yellow lines are buses, black lines are cable cars, white lines are boats. Solid lines are free, dotted lines are discounted. Discounts are mostly 50%, but only 25% for transport where you see the number “1” inside circle near the dotted line. There are a few grey lines on the map as well, which indicate transport that is not covered by the pass.

Swiss Travel Pass coverage

http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2017 at 5:51:50 #865856

Thanks a lot for the answer alpenrose666 😊

• The thread ‘Clarification needed about what”s covered in pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.