Urgent help with itenary in swiss

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2014 at 4:42:39 #806435

Hi. We will be travelling from innsbruck to Switzerland from 23Aug to 3rd Sep heading to Venice. We will be 3 adults and 3 teenage kids. We are totally confused with the itenary and want your help. We are planning to stay in interlaken for 5 days and see the surroundings, then 3 days in murren and 3 in zermatt. I keep reading not to keep interlaken as base, but v kept it due to cheap hotel

1) Do u think 11 days are sufficient or shall I cut down from 7 days in austria and increase days in swiss

2) Swiss saver pass or Swiss Flexi. (We want to see all scenic parts in Switzerland) .please advise keeping mind 3 days in zermatt n from there v will be heading to vienna

3) Are the base cities ok?

Appreciate urgent help coz v r in process to finalise hotels accordingly

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 June 2014 at 6:15:18 #840196

Hi tesarosh,

Many people consider Interlaken not to be ‘typically Swiss’, because there are many tourist shops and hotels, and it’s not in the mountains. However, this can also be an advantage depending on your interests. Also, Interlaken is centrally located and offers good train connections. So if you say you want to see all of Switzerland, Interlaken will work better than some remote village. You can read all about the town here.

1) You can do and see a lot in 11 days. But is won’t be enough to see the whole country. Even 4 weeks wouldn’t be enough for that as there is so much to see. The same goes for Austria I assume, so it’s up to you how to plan your days. I would not cut down on the 11 days in Switzerland though.

2) Yes, either a Swiss Saver Pass or Swiss Saver Flexi Pass will be best. The children will travel for free if they are under 16. See the linked pages for all pass information, prices, etc. See our guide for how to choose between the two.

3) I would not move from Interlaken to Mürren. They are only 45 minutes apart, so why not stay in the hotel in Interlaken and explore the region from there? You’ll be more flexible too, as you can easily head for the mountains if the weather is fine, and elsewhere on rainy days.

You will find the best hotels on the Interlaken and Zermatt pages (cheap ones too), and budget hotels all over Switzerland are listed here.

I moved your post from the ‘Trip Reports’ forum to the ‘Miscellaneous’ forum since you are only in the planning stage of your trip. Once you’re back, feel free to post a report about your experiences in ‘Trip Reports‘. That would be great!

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 June 2014 at 15:47:19 #840197

Hello tesarosh,

Did my answer help you out? Were you able to finalize things? If not, just let us know.

• The thread ‘Urgent help with itenary in swiss’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.