US Citizen Needing Pass shipped to France

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 February 2014 at 11:35:11 #806231

I am wondering whether or not I should get a Swiss Pass. I see that I can get a 4-day pass (2nd class) for $552 for two people (my wife and I). I also see that kids under age 6 are free (Mine are 2 and 4) .So this sounds like a good deal.

However, when I look at where I’ll be traveling, it looks like the pass won’t save me much money, I’ll probably just break-even:

Geneva to Interlaken (Feb 16 AM)

Interlaken to Zermatt (Feb 17 PM)

Zermatt to St. Moritz (Glacier Express) (Feb 18 AM)

St. Moritz to Zurich (Feb 19 AM)

Do you think it’s worth it for the free buses and museums alone? I may visit just 2-3 museums.

Also, even if it is worth it, can I get it shipped to where I am now (in France)?

Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 February 2014 at 11:43:37 #839484

By the way, this is our first the EU in general so if you can suggest a better itinerary for a family like ours (w/ a 2yr old and 4yr old) and for the time we’ll be there (Feb 15 to 19), please let me know. I’m currently basing my iternary on what I found on a mySwitzerland.com (the 5-day plan).

We live outside of Paris so I was thinking of taking a train to Geneva and then maybe a plane from Zurich back to Paris.

We plan to do a lot more travel around the rest of EU (Southern mostly) and point-to-point tickets from Feb 21 to March 21 (our period of travel, 17 total train days) seem cheaper overall than even a 15 day Global Pass for 2 adults + 1 four year old child. So I don’t think a global pass is a good idea but I think just a Swiss pass may be good.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Arno
    15471 posts
    3 February 2014 at 12:13:37 #839485

Hello yshaban,

Whether a pass will be worth it depends on the final itinerary you decide to do. Note that your children are young enough to travel for free even if the adults do not have a pass. Once you have your itinerary, this is how to calculate which pass is best. Be sure to include the cable cars in your calculations as they are expensive without a pass.

It depends on your interests which itinerary would be best. If your goal is to experience Swiss trains and see a lot while traveling, then your suggestion is fine. Although I would switch Interlaken for nearby Grindelwald. Better atmosphere there in Winter. If you want to spend more time in the snow than in the trains, I would suggest to go from Paris to Zermatt directly, via Basel, and spend two nights in Zermatt. Further tips and sample itineraries are here.

Yes, your pass can be shipped to France. Just select France as your country on the Swiss Pass page and press ‘Show results’ to see resellers who ship to France.

Does this help?

• The thread ‘US Citizen Needing Pass shipped to France’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.