Using Swiss Flexi Pass as a Museum Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 July 2010 at 22:32:41 #803908

Hello,
    I am traveling with my wife and three kids (all 15 and under) and will be in Switzerland from July 20-22 and again from August 4-6 (6 days). We are renting a car but plan on utilizing cable cars, mountain trains, boats, and buses as well. We will be touring several museums and I noticed that the Flexi Pass can apparently serve as a museum pass as well.

Several questions:

1. Should I purchase a Flexi pass as a sort of discount card even though I’m not traveling mainly by train?
    2. Would I qualify for the Flexi Saver pass as well and would I also need to purchase anything form my kids?
    3. Would I get free admission to all museums for everyone (including kids) if I purchased 2 adult tickets?
    4. Would I be better off getting the Half Card for 2 adults and purchasing the Family Museum pass separately?

Thanks for your answers in advance. Marshall

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    13 July 2010 at 6:59:42 #831536

Hello Marshall,

All relevant details concerning the Swiss Flexi Pass, including an overview of the network on which the Swiss Flexi Pass is valid, can be found here.
    I think the fact that you are not mainly travelling by train is not very important in your case.

The Swiss Flexi Pass for you and your wife together gives you a 15% discount (this is called a Swiss Flexi Saver Pass – scroll down). You can choose either 3, 4, 5 or 6 days on which you can travel for free.

Your children will travel for free (up to and including 15 years of age).

A Swiss Flexi Saver Pass will give you – parents and children – free entrance into more than 400 museums on the 3, 4, 5 or 6 free travel days.

A Family Museum Pass will cost you CHF 255 (this is a pass with a validity of one year!) and two Swiss Half Fare Cards cost 2 x 99 = CHF 198, making a total of CHF 453.
    On top of this you have to pay (at least) half fare prices on all your trips.
    A Swiss Saver Flexi Pass will cost you between 2 x CHF 212 (3 days of free travelling) and 2 x CHF 337, but the days of free travelling will save you a lot.

Not knowing what your exact travel plans will be I cannot make any further calculations, so this is the best I can do for you and I hope it has been of help.

I wish you all a very pleasant stay in Switzerland!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2010 at 11:34:42 #831537

Thanks Wandermann,

You have been most helpful as is the forum site. Cheers, Marshall

• The thread ‘Using Swiss Flexi Pass as a Museum Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.