Using swiss pass Jungfrau region

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 March 2012 at 19:28:23 #805054

Hi Forum members! A few questions re the following scenic route
    Lauterbrunnen to Murren, [using aerial cableway up cliff to Grutschalp,from there,train along cliff to Murren]
    Walk, or Cablecar down to Gimmelwald. Then aerial cableway back down to Lauterbrunnen Valley at Stechelberg, for a post bus back to Lauterbrunnen….or I may walk.
    1.Is this route free with swiss pass?
    2.How far is the distance back from Stechelberg[to walk] and is it a pleasant/scenic walk?
    3.Is this route worthwhile for my oneday visit to this area?…[If time permits,I am also considering a Schynige Platte walk on the same day] My planned visit will be mid/late July.
    Thanks for answers to these questions:-)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    23 March 2012 at 4:48:58 #835312

Hi mbear12,

1. Yes, you’ll travel for free (Lauterbrunnen, Grütschalp, Mürren, Gimmelwald, Stechelberg , Lauterbrunnen). If you go up to Schynige Platte a 50 % discount applies.

2. For details about this lovely hike follow this link.

3. Yes, in my view it is very worthwhile. If you can start early enough to visit Schynige Platte as wel (and weather conditions are good) you’ll have a super day!

Enjoy!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 March 2012 at 23:03:37 #835313

Thankyou so much for your prompt reply/help…..my “option A” is to TRY and do both!!

• The thread ‘Using swiss pass Jungfrau region’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.