Best rail pass for Luzern and Grindelwald

• Gene0710
    Participant
    3 posts
    18 August 2017 at 6:50:20 #812998

Hi we are traveling Lucern from Zurich airport, 1 adult & 2 children age 15. We want to visit mt Pilatus, mt titlis & Grindelwald. I tried hard to find what travel pass to get that is suitable for our trip – is swiss travel pass ok? Or can we get the half price pass instead? Please help… we are staying 3 days & 2 nights. Thank you so much

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    18 August 2017 at 11:10:25 #868538

A 3 day Swiss Travel Pass will cost you CHF 216. With a Swiss Half Fare Card costing CHF120 you need to take trips costing at least CHF240 to break even. I’d go the Swiss Travel Pass. With Swiss Family Card bought with your STP your kids travel for free.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2017 at 11:16:26 #868539

Hi Gene0710,

Yes, I agree on the Swiss Travel Pass – it is most likely your best bet along with the free Swiss Family Card add-on.

To be sure we have a page all about how to choose the best rail pass. There is an excel sheet there to help you do the math on all your planned trips (once you’ve planned them) so you can compare rail passes to see the most economical option.

Lucas

Gene0710
    Participant
    3 posts
    18 August 2017 at 11:25:39 #868540

Thank you so much … its a great help. Ive been trying to figure that out for a month. At least we dont need to queue up for tickets.

• The thread ‘Best rail pass for Luzern and Grindelwald’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.