Validating swiss pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 June 2011 at 8:06:03 #804410

Can we validate our Swiss pass in a country other than Switzerland? We will be traveling from Spain by train and will want to use our Swiss pass that same day. Is it possible to validate our Swiss pass in Spain a few days earlier?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    18 June 2011 at 10:19:58 #833217

Hi marys,

Depending on where you purchase your pass, you can either validate it yourself (we call this “Quick transfer” in our reseller overviews on each pass page), or you need a stamp from railway personnel. In the latter case, it can be done at a Swiss station or on board of international trains bound for Switzerland. You need to ask the conductor to validate your pass before you reach the first station where free traveling starts. I don’t think railway personnel in Spain is familiar with Swiss railway passes.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 June 2011 at 15:59:50 #833218

How does the Quick Transfer for validating the Swiss pass work? I could not find it on the reseller overview
    Dick

Arno
    15483 posts
    19 June 2011 at 11:56:48 #833219

Hi Dick,

There’s a checkbox to indicate whether or not Quick Transfer (self validation) is offered or not. You can click the question mark to the right of that checkbox for more information. Let me know if that doesn’t answer your question.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2011 at 12:01:21 #833220

Hi,

We are going to travel from Paris to Lucerne via Basel where my free travel courtesy Swiss pass will start. Can I validate swiss pass at the Basel station?

I have purchased my Swiss saver flexy pass for my family {2 adults + 1 kid} on http://www.raileurope-gcc.com where they don’t have the option for booking family card.
    Can we get the family card at the time of validating the swiss flexy pass to enable my daughter {6 years} to travel free in Switzerland?

Please reply. thanks very much.

Annika
    7116 posts
    22 June 2011 at 5:47:51 #833221

Hello duttashovan13! Yes, you can validate your Swiss Pass at the railway station of Basel and obtain your STS Family Card there.

• The thread ‘Validating swiss pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.