Validity of Passes

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 March 2013 at 8:43:15 #805821

Hi,

Me and my wife will be travelling to Switzerland from 29th March-13 to 1st April-13.
    We will be starting from Basel–>Interlaken–>Lucerne–>Zurich–>Basel.
    I want to know about the validity of available passes, As 29th March is Good friday, 1st April is Ester Public Holiday in Switzerland and 30th & 31st March weekends.
    I have heard that all passes are not valid on Public Holiday and weekends.
    Therefore please let me know that which passes best suites for my travel and also valid on all these 4 days

Thanks for your help in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 March 2013 at 9:58:16 #838158

Hi rajagilent, welcome to MySwissAlps,

Passes are valid in weekends and during public holidays as well, so there’s no problem there. A 4-day Swiss Saver Pass would be a good fit to your plans. With that pass, all train transfers between the towns you mentioned are free, many museums are free, mountain transport such as cable cars are discounted, or sometimes free as well (e.g. to Mürren near Interlaken, and the Rigi mountain near Lucerne).

Further details and purchase options can be found here.

Hotels near the rail stations can be found here:

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Validity of Passes’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.