Validity of the road tax sticker ?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 November 2016 at 22:36:29 #810359

Hello there !

I travelled last year thru Swiss going to Italy and I had to buy the road tax sticker .I don’t remember the precise date of transit but it was around 22 of November. This year I have to make the same travel but is gonna be in December around 5 or 6 December.

Now …. My main question is : the road tax sticker is still valid or I have to buy a new one ?? ( because i read on the mai page about the validity of the sticker something about 14 months)

Thank you very much and I’m waiting for a replay from you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    18 November 2016 at 6:35:41 #857106

HI Mihaicosmin1,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! If the sticker shows “16” it is still valid, but if it was back in November you probably have a “15” sticker. You’ll find all details here: myswissalps.com/ motorwayvignette.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 November 2016 at 6:39:42 #857107

Thanks for the answer. Is from November last year. Soo…I think I will have to pay again the road tax. Thanks again for the answer

• The thread ‘Validity of the road tax sticker ?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.