Venice to Interlaken with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 July 2017 at 4:41:17 #812693

hi all,

I am travelling from Venice (Venezia-Mestre train station) to Interlaken. (via Spiez).

I am buying Swiss Travel Pass. So in trenitalia website, i just buy ticket from Venezia-Mestre train station to Domodossola train station (via Milano Centrale) ?

When reach Domodossola train station, should i get off the train? if not, how my swiss travel pass validate?

Thanks a lot in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    22 July 2017 at 6:24:30 #867172

Hi leeweileang and welcome to MySwissAlps,

You can stay on the train. There is no need to validate your Swiss Travel Pass. You just need to present the pass to the inspector on the train. As long as you are travelling on a date which falls within the validity period of the pass then you are good to go.

Happy travels. 😇

Arno
    15483 posts
    22 July 2017 at 6:44:05 #867173

Indeed no validation required. Simply print your pass at home (vendors are listed here) and take it with you. Tickets to Domodossola can be purchased here (sometimes from the same website as the pass, depending on where you buy).

Enjoy your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 July 2017 at 13:43:35 #867174

thanks a lot for the info!!

I will also going to Jungfraujoch on 15/Oct. How is the weather around that date? and does it require any reservation or i can book on the day i reach Interlaken?

thanks.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 July 2017 at 16:55:02 #867175

Hi Leeweileang,

I would expect it to be quite cold at the top of Jungfraujoch in mid-October (below 0) so dress/pack accordingly!

I would wait until you are in the area, maybe one day before you want to go before you buy tickets. If you are going up for the views, don’t bother if it is cloudy!

Lucas

• The thread ‘Venice to Interlaken with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.