Visiting jungfraujoch in august

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 February 2012 at 12:52:29 #804956

hi there,

This is my first post. Travelling to lauterbrunnen in august, two adults and three kids. Staying here for five days. How much approx. does it cost for the whole family to visit the jungfraujoch, top of europe, highest station etc. Would you do it in one day? Which day is best?weather permitting of course. Can you tell me also if visiting the water falls high above lauterbrunnen is free also. On our departure we are travelling to Italy via the st bernard tunnel. Can you advise on which day is least congested.

Thankyou for your time.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 March 2012 at 2:37:15 #834994

Hi sharp1990,

Sorry for the late reply! The Jungfraujoch can easily be visited in one day. Prices are at the Jungfrau Railways site. A rail pass might be interesting for you if you plan to travel more than just this trip. As children travel along for free in that case, it will quickly make a considerable difference. Any day is good if the weather is clear.

I’m not sure which waterfalls you mean. The Trümmelbach waterfalls (accessible from the valley floor) are not free, all others are free.

Traffic jams in tunnels are most common during holidays, especially on Saturdays when people from surrounding countries drive to/from their destinations.

• The thread ‘Visiting jungfraujoch in august’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.