Visiting Mt Titlis

Visiting Mt Titlis

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
noorazmel
noorazmel
3 posts
Mar 18, 2014 - 10:23 AM

Hi! We will be visiting Mt. Titlis on April 2014.
My question is:
1. How much time it takes to reach & to come back from base to Mt. Titlis
peak by cable car?
2. How will be the weather at Mt. Titlis in April? Is it suddenly changes any day?
3. What should be cloths to wear?
4. We will be travelling to Mt Titlis via interlaken. (any others suggestion)

Please advise.

thanks
azmel

Arno
Arno
7328 posts
expert &
Mar 18, 2014 - 1:04 PM

Hi Azmel, thanks for posting here!

1. The cable car ride itself takes about 35 minutes, one way. I would say that you need at least 2 hours at the top. Also see the Titlis page.

2./3. It will be cold, but any other prediction can't be made as the weather can change quickly in the mountains. See here for more information regarding the weather.

4. Sorry, I am not sure what your question is. I don't know where you depart from, but you can plan any trip using the timetable.

noorazmel
noorazmel
3 posts
Mar 24, 2014 - 10:59 AM in reply to Arno

Thanks Arno for the reply. I plan to depart from Interlaken to visit Mt Titlis. Is this advisable?

Arno
Arno
7328 posts
expert &
Mar 24, 2014 - 5:04 PM

Well, the best way to visit a peak is to stay nearby (Lucerne, Stans, Engelberg in case of the Titlis), because the weather can change quickly and you should be sure that you do not end up in the clouds. Of course you can do it from Interlaken as well, but it takes over 3.5 hours (one way) to reach the summit. Make sure that you check the weather forecast the prior evening and in the morning.

noorazmel
noorazmel
3 posts
Mar 26, 2014 - 11:26 AM

Hi Arno,

Many thanks for replying to me so quickly, it's much appreciated.Have a great day,

regards
azmel

Arno
Arno
7328 posts
expert &
May 21, 2014 - 8:06 AM in reply to noorazmel

Hi azmel,

How did you enjoy your visit to Switzerland and the Titlis? If you have time, it would be great if you could post a trip report here about your holidays in Switzerland. You're still in time to win a hotel gift card. I hope you had a great time!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016