Visiting Mt Titlis

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 March 2014 at 10:23:27 #806257

Hi! We will be visiting Mt. Titlis on April 2014.
    My question is:
    1. How much time it takes to reach & to come back from base to Mt. Titlis
    peak by cable car?
    2. How will be the weather at Mt. Titlis in April? Is it suddenly changes any day?
    3. What should be cloths to wear?
    4. We will be travelling to Mt Titlis via interlaken. (any others suggestion)

Please advise.

thanks
    azmel

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    18 March 2014 at 13:04:35 #839585

Hi Azmel, thanks for posting here!

1. The cable car ride itself takes about 35 minutes, one way. I would say that you need at least 2 hours at the top. Also see the Titlis page.

2./3. It will be cold, but any other prediction can’t be made as the weather can change quickly in the mountains. See here for more information regarding the weather.

4. Sorry, I am not sure what your question is. I don’t know where you depart from, but you can plan any trip using the timetable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2014 at 10:59:39 #839586

Thanks Arno for the reply. I plan to depart from Interlaken to visit Mt Titlis. Is this advisable?

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 March 2014 at 17:04:23 #839587

Well, the best way to visit a peak is to stay nearby (Lucerne, Stans, Engelberg in case of the Titlis), because the weather can change quickly and you should be sure that you do not end up in the clouds. Of course you can do it from Interlaken as well, but it takes over 3.5 hours (one way) to reach the summit. Make sure that you check the weather forecast the prior evening and in the morning.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 March 2014 at 11:26:39 #839588

Hi Arno,

Many thanks for replying to me so quickly, it’s much appreciated.Have a great day,

regards
    azmel

Arno
    15471 posts
    21 May 2014 at 8:06:00 #839589

Hi azmel,

How did you enjoy your visit to Switzerland and the Titlis? If you have time, it would be great if you could post a trip report here about your holidays in Switzerland. You’re still in time to win a hotel gift card. I hope you had a great time!

• The thread ‘Visiting Mt Titlis’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.