Visiting Pilatus Kulm with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 January 2017 at 8:58:14 #810552

Hi, I intend to visit Mt Pilatus in May and would like to do the golden circle in the reverse way:

Kriens – Frakmuntegg (lunch) – Pilatus Kulm – Alpnachstad – Boat ride back to Luzern

Background: I intend to purchase the Swiss Travel Pass

Questions:

1. I found the single section prices for Kriens to Frakmuntegg as well as Frakmuntegg to Pilatus Kulm. However I cant seem to locate the price for Pilatus Kulm to Alpnachstad. Why is that so?

2. I read in forums that cable cars are included in the Swiss Travel Pass. However in the swiss travel pass brochure, it states that it’s only 50% discount. Can anyone help to verify on this please?

3. Is there any recommendation for short hiking activities to spend the afternoon?

Thanks in advance for the advises

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    11 January 2017 at 16:45:58 #857955

Hi josephogk,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. You’ll find a link to all regular prices on myswissalps.com/ pilatus/tickets. A ticket up and back down the mountain from either side costs CHF 72.

2. An updated overview of what’s included in the Swiss Travel Pass can be found on myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ validity. The trip is free, so the brochure is probably outdated.

3. If you scroll down on myswissalps.com/ lakelucerne/ activities you’ll find several trails in the region, but non really close to Mount Pilatus. The hiking trail along the lake from Alpnachstad to Stansstad and Hergiswil might be an option. You can take a train from there.

I hope this helps you out!

• The thread ‘Visiting Pilatus Kulm with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.