Visiting Pilatus Kulm with Swiss Travel Pass

Visiting Pilatus Kulm with Swiss Travel Pass

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
josephogk
josephogk
1 post
Jan 11, 2017 - 8:58 AM

Hi, I intend to visit Mt Pilatus in May and would like to do the golden circle in the reverse way:

Kriens - Frakmuntegg (lunch) - Pilatus Kulm - Alpnachstad - Boat ride back to Luzern

Background: I intend to purchase the Swiss Travel Pass

Questions:

1. I found the single section prices for Kriens to Frakmuntegg as well as Frakmuntegg to Pilatus Kulm. However I cant seem to locate the price for Pilatus Kulm to Alpnachstad. Why is that so?

2. I read in forums that cable cars are included in the Swiss Travel Pass. However in the swiss travel pass brochure, it states that it's only 50% discount. Can anyone help to verify on this please?

3. Is there any recommendation for short hiking activities to spend the afternoon?

Thanks in advance for the advises

Arno
Arno
9348 posts
expert &
Jan 11, 2017 - 4:45 PM

Hi josephogk,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. You'll find a link to all regular prices on myswissalps.com/ pilatus/tickets. A ticket up and back down the mountain from either side costs CHF 72.

2. An updated overview of what's included in the Swiss Travel Pass can be found on myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ validity. The trip is free, so the brochure is probably outdated.

3. If you scroll down on myswissalps.com/ lakelucerne/ activities you'll find several trails in the region, but non really close to Mount Pilatus. The hiking trail along the lake from Alpnachstad to Stansstad and Hergiswil might be an option. You can take a train from there.

I hope this helps you out!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017