visiting Rigi kulm and Mt. Titilis

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 January 2015 at 7:04:27 #806785

My son and I will be visiting Switzerland mid August and want to make the most of our 15 day stay. From Luzern we hope to see Rigi Kulm, and also do a walk inEngelberg before going up to Mt. Titilis. Could we do this in one day, or would we be better off going back to luzern, then going to Engleberg for the night and doing the rest of our sightseing the next day?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    8 January 2015 at 7:06:59 #841476

Hi aussie,

In one day this is going to be quite hectic. It’s not impossible if you depart early and plan carefully, but it would not be my preference. There are wonderful walks on Mount Rigi as well, so you could combine a visit to the peak with that and a boat trip. See here for details. Then spend another day on Mount Titlis and a walk around there. More ideas are on the Lake Lucerne regional page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 January 2015 at 8:12:39 #841477

yes I agree with you that doing these two things in one day is too much. What I was thinking of doing is after we come back to Luzern from Riggi, we go by train to Engleberg, spend a night there and then do a walk I’ve read about and go to Mt Titilis the next day. We’ve been to Luzern many times and I would like to see the town of Engleberg. Is it worth spending a night there? Thanks for your help.

Annika
    7116 posts
    9 January 2015 at 8:57:47 #841478

Hi aussie!

Engelberg itself isn’t that special, but its location is absolutely beautiful. So if you like to take your time over there and explore the surroundings, you could certainly plan an overnight stay in Engelberg.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 January 2015 at 5:07:59 #841479

Thanks Anika. I think that to save checking in and out of hotels and having to store our luggage, we’ll stay in Luzern and travel to Engleberg as early as possible. We’ll have therefore 3 nights in Luzern. One on arrival, one after visiting Riggi Kulm, one after visiting Engleberg etc. The next day we’ll go by ferry and the William Tell express to Lucarno for a night and most of the next day before going onto Lugano for a few days. Sounds O.K? Now all I need is the site to get time tables for all our travels. Thanks a lot for all your help

Arno
    15482 posts
    10 January 2015 at 7:33:12 #841480

This sounds like a good plan to me. All the travel details can be found in the Swiss timetable here. Our various attraction pages link to separate timetables too, if there is any apart from the national Swiss timetable.

Have fun!

Arno

• The thread ‘visiting Rigi kulm and Mt. Titilis’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.