Way to St Moritz from Bellinzona other than bus?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2017 at 19:11:30 #811696

Is there any other way than by bus to reach St Moritz from Bellinzona? We will be on the Gotthard Express and reach Bellinzona at 3:56. There is a bus at 4:07, we could hopefully make it but it has 2 stops with very little time to catch the next bus. Being unfamiliar with the stations, don’t know if we could make them all. Is it very hard to catch next bus with so little time to find them. Carrying 2 carryons. Will there be room in the bus? Could they be full already? Worried!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2017 at 0:54:19 #862853

Sorry all. I please ignore the post. Got my days mixed up. Going to Lugano from Bellinzona.That should be quite simple!!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    6 May 2017 at 2:18:57 #862854

I thought that was an interesting route choice. 😉

Still, I now know there is an “express” bus from Bellinzona to Chur should the need ever arise.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2017 at 2:57:04 #862855

Although this is no longer relevant to you, it might be useful info for someone else, so I will answer your questions anyway 🙂

>> Is there any other way than by bus to reach St Moritz from Bellinzona?

No, not without taking a very roundabout route, which would not be practical.

>> We will be on the Gotthard Express and reach Bellinzona at 3:56. There is a bus at 4:07, we could hopefully make it but it has 2 stops with very little time to catch the next bus. Being unfamiliar with the stations, don’t know if we could make them all. Is it very hard to catch next bus with so little time to find them.

The 16:07 service from Bellinzona to St Moritz leaves from a bus stop right outside Bellinzona railway station and has a connection with another bus at San Bernardino Posta, and with a train at Thusis. It’s a very scenic trip, by the way, although I think the best views are to be had by travelling in the opposite direction.

http://www.postauto.ch/en/exc ursion-tips/chur%E2%80%93bell inzona-route

The transfer at S. Bernardino Posta is very easy. It’s a small village, and the transfer is done at the same bus stop.

The transfer at Thusis should be equally easy. It’s a small station with step-free access to its 3 platforms, and the bus stops right outside the station.

>> Carrying 2 carryons. Will there be room in the bus? Could they be full already?

Luggage on PostBuses is carried in a luggage compartment under the bus, so space on the bus for luggage is not an issue.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2017 at 12:38:56 #862856

Thanks to all very much for the great info. All of it good to know!

• The thread ‘Way to St Moritz from Bellinzona other than bus?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.