Ways to travel from Brig to Murren

Ways to travel from Brig to Murren

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
katyka9
katyka9
15 posts
Oct 17, 2015 - 1:37 AM

Hi MyswissAlps members,On a previous post here it was suggested to me to take Zurich out because it would be out of my way. so, I am going to. with my new itinerary I will be spending the night in Locorno then I will take centovalli line to Domodossola. From there ...... I need your help.I think I would take regular train from Domodossola to Brig. Then change in Brig and take train to Spiez (I will ask for the train that stops in Kandersteg, for the most scenic route) My final destination is Murren. what do you guys suggest? SBB shows Brig to Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen to Murren. Am I making correct choices? Are there any other choices?Travel days: May 21 night in Locarno. Travel Sunday May 22 to get to Murren and spend night there.Thank you!Kat

Arno
Arno
7722 posts
expert &
Oct 17, 2015 - 6:49 AM

Hi Kat,

Your proposal makes sense and it's a very nice route. There are no alternatives apart from taking the fast train from Brig to Spiez, but as you know that's less scenic. Well, there's may be one more variant, which is to walk down to the boat dock in Spiez and take a boat to Interlaken instead of a train. The boat is free if you have a Swiss Travel Pass.

Have fun!

Last modified on Oct 17, 2015 - 6:49 AM by Arno
bk629
bk629
7 posts
Oct 17, 2015 - 2:11 PM

My adult grandson and I took the train from Brig to Murren a couple of years ago. We had been to Zermatt. Connection times were short, but all went well. In Lauterbrunnen, you cross the street to the cable car station. After the cable car, you take a train a short distance to Murren. It was early June and snowing when we arrived . Beautiful! We visited the Schilthorn and enjoyed it. Another day, we walked down to Gimmelwald and then took the cable car down to the valley and walked to Lauterbrunnen for our evening meal.

katyka9
katyka9
15 posts
Oct 18, 2015 - 5:12 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016