Ways to travel from Brig to Murren

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 October 2015 at 1:37:24 #808040

Hi MyswissAlps members,On a previous post here it was suggested to me to take Zurich out because it would be out of my way. so, I am going to. with my new itinerary I will be spending the night in Locorno then I will take centovalli line to Domodossola. From there …… I need your help.I think I would take regular train from Domodossola to Brig. Then change in Brig and take train to Spiez (I will ask for the train that stops in Kandersteg, for the most scenic route) My final destination is Murren. what do you guys suggest? SBB shows Brig to Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen to Murren. Am I making correct choices? Are there any other choices?Travel days: May 21 night in Locarno. Travel Sunday May 22 to get to Murren and spend night there.Thank you!Kat

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 October 2015 at 6:49:05 #846553

Hi Kat,

Your proposal makes sense and it’s a very nice route. There are no alternatives apart from taking the fast train from Brig to Spiez, but as you know that’s less scenic. Well, there’s may be one more variant, which is to walk down to the boat dock in Spiez and take a boat to Interlaken instead of a train. The boat is free if you have a Swiss Travel Pass.

Have fun!

bk629
    Participant
    26 posts
    17 October 2015 at 14:11:50 #846554

My adult grandson and I took the train from Brig to Murren a couple of years ago. We had been to Zermatt. Connection times were short, but all went well. In Lauterbrunnen, you cross the street to the cable car station. After the cable car, you take a train a short distance to Murren. It was early June and snowing when we arrived . Beautiful! We visited the Schilthorn and enjoyed it. Another day, we walked down to Gimmelwald and then took the cable car down to the valley and walked to Lauterbrunnen for our evening meal.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 October 2015 at 17:12:18 #846555

Thank you!

• The thread ‘Ways to travel from Brig to Murren’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.