Swiss Travel Pass for Golden Pass route?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2017 at 4:27:08 #811937

Dear All

Please Confirm weather Golden pass train from Lucerne to Montreal is covered with Swiss Travel pass or not?

If yes does i have to make reservation for that train? How should i make that reservation?

can i do reservation at Lucerne Station or online from India also?

Please Advise.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2017 at 9:02:32 #863709

Yes, it is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass.

You can read about the Golden Pass route here, and also make reservations online here. Reservations are not required but the train can get busy so I might recommend reservations.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2017 at 17:53:09 #863710

Dear Lucas.

As you advise about the reservation in Golden Pass Train, can you advise the procedure of the reservation , i am having Swiss Travel Pass already.

Is this is the link from which i can make reservation?

http://www.happyrail.com/en/p ass/europe/switzerland /panoramic-trains

and after the reservation i can go and board the Golden Pass Train from Lucerne to Montreux?

Thanks

Ankur Nangia

Arno
    15482 posts
    27 May 2017 at 8:12:53 #863711

Hi Ankur,

That link gets you the reservation for the Zweisimmen to Montreux leg, which is the leg where reservations are recommended (not required). You don’t need reservations for the rest of the trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2017 at 9:01:41 #863712

Thanks Arno.

a. Ok so can i also reserve seats from Zweisimmen to Montreux leg?

b. Please Also advise, is it feasibeale to Travel From Lucerne to Montreux in a day and back on same day?

Also I want to visit Monterux for 2 hours between the train journeys? Possible or Not?

Please advise.

Thanks

Annika
    7116 posts
    27 May 2017 at 15:49:49 #863713

Hi Ankur,

Yes, you can reserve seats between Zweisimmen and Montreux through the link mentioned above. You can travel from Lucerne to Montreux and return in one day, although it will be a long day. You can travel back using the quicker route via Lausanne and Bern: that will save some time. This route is displayed in the timetable by default if you don’t enter Zweisimmen, Gstaad and/or Interlaken as via-stations. Yes, a 2 hour visit to Montreux is doable. It all depends on how late you want to get back to Lucerne.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass for Golden Pass route?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.