Weather in Jungfraujoch and Mount Titlis

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 September 2011 at 7:13:02 #804727

Hi,

I will be visiting Jungfrau and Mount Titlis in mid October. I am not sure of the temperature. Will it be very cold? I am not sure what to prepare.

Is it true that it is only worth going to these 2 places only when the weather is good?

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7094 posts
    3 October 2011 at 12:42:34 #834270

Hi xiaob! Weather up in the mountains is highly unpredictable. For example: temperatures at the Jungfraujoch were as high as 7 degrees Celsius a few days ago, which is quite extraordinary for this time of the year. Generally, temperatures at such altitudes will be around or below freezing point by mid-October. Just dress well in solid and warm shoes, a warm jacket and maybe a pair of gloves. Don’t forget sunglasses.

Yes, such mountain trips are pretty expensive, and it’s a waste of your money if it’s completely clouded, because that will spoil the view. You can best check weather forecasts shortly before leaving. At the valley stations of the Jungfraujoch and the Titlis, camera images of the views up there are available, so you can decide right on the spot whether that’s worth going up.

• The thread ‘Weather in Jungfraujoch and Mount Titlis’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.