Weather in Murren and surrounding region

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 August 2011 at 8:51:31 #804619

Hi all,

I’m staying in Murren and will be traveling throughout the Berner Oberland region in mid September. Am I correct in assuming the temperatures are likely to be about 8 celsius at night and 16 celsius at day in Murren and at similar elevations? I assume when we take the train to the top of the Jungfraujoch that it will be significantly colder up there (0C or below). I’m trying to get an idea of how warm/heavy to pack.

I mostly don’t want to be unable to hike through Murren/Lauderbrunnen/etc because I didn’t pack a heavy enough jacket. Thanks!

-Jason

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    19 August 2011 at 11:40:58 #833927

Hello Jason,

Although weather is and will be quite unpredictable these years (…), well, that’s my answer exactly. My husband and I have spent weeks in spring and fall, and had all the luck of the world. We even hiked at rather high altitudes in our t-shirts and sometimes it felt like “too warm”.

So you never know. If I were you, I would bring some fleeces and t-shirts. Hopefully this information may be of any help. For short: bring some clothing for every situation and not too much. You never know, and you know what? That’s one of the charms of Switzerland.

Wishing you a very nice trip,

• The thread ‘Weather in Murren and surrounding region’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.