Weather in Switzerland from Sept to Dec

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 December 2013 at 21:25:44 #806213

Hi,

If I would like to visit Switzerland in end of next year. Which month is the best time to go with less rainfall?
    If go in December, will it be heavy snowfall and freezing? Lastly, what will be the sunset time in Switzerland during these months?

The places that I would like to cover will be Lucerne, Lauterbrunnen, Interlaken, Geneva. Thanks a lot.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

lbiggs020260
    Participant
    26 posts
    12 December 2013 at 3:47:16 #839400

We frequently visit Lauterbrunnen in September and the weather is normally good and there isn’t a lot of rain. Other months I don’t know, but sun will set earlier and snow will come at some stage (occasionally it comes in September but then thaws!): http://www.myswissalps.com/time

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 December 2013 at 0:42:32 #839401

Thanks for your valuable sharing. 🙂

• The thread ‘Weather in Switzerland from Sept to Dec’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.