Welhem tel train

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2015 at 19:40:14 #807199

We have a second class swiss. We are family group of 15 people. We are staying in Lucerne. Can any body suggest me a) how to get reservation of Welhem Tel Train on line or otherwise b) how can we upgrade it from 2nd class reservation to Ist class reservation as only Ist class reservation is allowed. We are reaching Lucerne on 14th May 2015.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    10 May 2015 at 14:25:33 #842947

Hi Rajen,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I assume you mean a 2nd class Swiss Travel Pass, right? Please see myswissalps.com/ wilhelmtellexpress/ tickets and myswissalps.com/ forum/topic/ reserve-wilhelm-tell-with-a-2nd-class-swiss-pass for details on how to book. In your case, instead of the mentioned website, you need to go to the Indian website at http://www.raileurope.co.in #tab3.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2015 at 20:58:26 #842948

Thanks for your inputs Annika. But it has not solved our problem. We want to go Lucerne to Bellinzona On 18th but I cannot see any Welhem Tell train. Yes if I check from Bellinzona to Lucerne I can see Welhem Tel train. So my question is how can I get ticket from lucerne to bellizona on 18th May 2015. Can you share the time table of Welhem Tel Train. Need your help to get tickets of Welhem tel tickets.

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 May 2015 at 6:25:43 #842949

Hi Rajen,

I’m sorry but it’s not possible to get the reservations before May 14; it’s too short notice as this requires processing and shipping. It’s not an online ticket. You can get the reservations locally too, but they can sell out, especially if you need them for as many as 15 people. I’d recommend to go to the rail station as soon as you arrive in Lucerne and try to purchase the reservations. If they can’t sell you 15 reservations, you can still do the exact same trip, just without seat reservations and without the included lunch.

For future reference, this is the normal booking procedure: go to the last page Annika mentioned. Enter ‘Luzern SGV WM Tell’ to ‘Bellinzona’, one-way, the travel date, the Swiss Travel Pass, and 1st class. Enter 8 travelers (and later repeat this step for the remaining 7 travelers, before finally paying for all of it), this prevents being redirected to a group booking page that stops you from online booking. This will show the 11:12 AM connection from Lucerne (arrival 3:52PM), which is the one you need. I just tried and it works fine, but it can be tricky if you don’t fill out the fields exactly as explained. Additionally you need upgrade tickets to 1st class but these can be purchased at the rail station in Lucerne and don’t require pre-booking. Simply show your 2nd class passes and the reservations, and they will provide the upgrades.

Enjoy your stay in Lucerne!

• The thread ‘Welhem tel train’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.