Which pass for 3 days only in Wengen?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2012 at 12:36:42 #805203

I will be in staying in Wengen for only three days. I plan to use the train there, and possibly the funicular. It’s outside the 2 for one offer time period for the Bernese Oberland Pass. Would any of the many passes make any sense or would I be just as well off to buy a ticket for each ride? I’ll guess I’d be making about six rides.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    5 May 2012 at 3:11:56 #835901

Train travel in Switzerland is very expensive when going vertical, not so much on long haul horizontal journeys. From a Wengen base pretty much everything will be vertical. Which is sort of the idea since you are up in the majestic Alps. Buy a Half Fare card. It provides 50% off of all travel, including your transport to/from Wengen. The part within Switzerland only, of course.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    5 May 2012 at 3:19:13 #835902

If you want to check out the possibilities of the Swiss Half Fare card, please check this page.

• The thread ‘Which pass for 3 days only in Wengen?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.