What can we do in one day in Gimmelwald?

What can we do in one day in Gimmelwald?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
GiokBie
GiokBie
7 posts
Jul 5, 2016 - 1:08 AM

Hello MySwissApls,

I am glad to find this forum. My family and I (3 adults) will arrive at Interlaken West around 11 AM on August 3, and spend the night at Gimmelwald. The next day we need to get on train around 3 PM to Lausanne. O, ya we have Swiss Travel Pass. I was wandering what we could do for a day (Half day on August 3 and half day on August 4)? I would appreciate very much any advice.

Best regards, GiokBie

Brahms
Brahms
213 posts
Jul 5, 2016 - 5:37 PM

Why do you stay one night in Gimmelwald ? Gimmelwald is very, very small whit only some houses and no shops and one (or two?) hotels.

But, from Gimmelwald you can go to Murren, walk to Winteregg and Grutsalp. You can also visit Allmendhubel or the Schilthorn. Also possible by cablecar to valley and visit the Trumelbachfalls.

GiokBie
GiokBie
7 posts
Jul 6, 2016 - 6:09 PM in reply to Brahms

Hi Brahms,

Thank you very much for your reply. I just checked the places that you suggested. O, very nice places.

May I ask you some more advice, please? Yout mentioned about Trumelbachfalls. I was thinking on our way up to Gimmelwald , we could visit this waterfall. Do we need to walk all the way to this fall from Lauterbrunnen or could we take a bus/train, get off at a bus stop/train stop near by it? Would it possible for us to take or carry-on bags to this falls? Thank you in advance.

You asked me a good question.I think my family and I like a small quiet village with a wide open green pasture. We look forward to be there.

Thank youagain and have a great day.

Best regards, GiokBie

Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Jul 7, 2016 - 8:03 AM

Hi GiokBie!

Gimmelwald itself is tiny indeed, but if you prefer peace and quiet it's a beautiful location for a short stay.

As for the Trümmelbach Falls: they can be reached by bus from Lauterbrunnen. Just enter "Trümmelbachfälle" as your destination in the timetable for details. The walk from Lauterbrunnen is beautiful too and can highly be recommended, but not convenient due to your luggage. I'm not aware of luggage storage option at the falls, or maybe at cable car valley station in Stechelberg, but you could contact both companies through the links I inserted to ask for details. Theoretically you could store your luggage at the Lauterbrunnen railway station and do the Trümmelbach Falls visit first, either by bus or on foot, then return to Lauterbrunnen to collect your luggage and head for Gimmelwald.

GiokBie
GiokBie
7 posts
Jul 7, 2016 - 3:32 PM in reply to Annika

Dear Annika,

Thank you very much for your reply. I will take your advice to use a storage at Lauterbrunnen railway station. Just wanted to let you know MySwissAlps.com provides tons of information. Although I was late to found this site, I am thankful. Hopefully in the future my family and I will be able to visit more places in Switzerland. Thank you very much!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016