What can we do in one day in Gimmelwald?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2016 at 1:08:15 #809609

Hello MySwissApls,

I am glad to find this forum. My family and I (3 adults) will arrive at Interlaken West around 11 AM on August 3, and spend the night at Gimmelwald. The next day we need to get on train around 3 PM to Lausanne. O, ya we have Swiss Travel Pass. I was wandering what we could do for a day (Half day on August 3 and half day on August 4)? I would appreciate very much any advice.

Best regards, GiokBie

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2016 at 17:37:25 #853795

Why do you stay one night in Gimmelwald ? Gimmelwald is very, very small whit only some houses and no shops and one (or two?) hotels.

But, from Gimmelwald you can go to Murren, walk to Winteregg and Grutsalp. You can also visit Allmendhubel or the Schilthorn. Also possible by cablecar to valley and visit the Trumelbachfalls.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2016 at 18:09:28 #853796

Hi Brahms,

Thank you very much for your reply. I just checked the places that you suggested. O, very nice places.

May I ask you some more advice, please? Yout mentioned about Trumelbachfalls. I was thinking on our way up to Gimmelwald , we could visit this waterfall. Do we need to walk all the way to this fall from Lauterbrunnen or could we take a bus/train, get off at a bus stop/train stop near by it? Would it possible for us to take or carry-on bags to this falls? Thank you in advance.

You asked me a good question.I think my family and I like a small quiet village with a wide open green pasture. We look forward to be there.

Thank youagain and have a great day.

Best regards, GiokBie

Annika
    7116 posts
    7 July 2016 at 8:03:39 #853797

Hi GiokBie!

Gimmelwald itself is tiny indeed, but if you prefer peace and quiet it’s a beautiful location for a short stay.

As for the Trümmelbach Falls: they can be reached by bus from Lauterbrunnen. Just enter “Trümmelbachfälle” as your destination in the timetable for details. The walk from Lauterbrunnen is beautiful too and can highly be recommended, but not convenient due to your luggage. I’m not aware of luggage storage option at the falls, or maybe at cable car valley station in Stechelberg, but you could contact both companies through the links I inserted to ask for details. Theoretically you could store your luggage at the Lauterbrunnen railway station and do the Trümmelbach Falls visit first, either by bus or on foot, then return to Lauterbrunnen to collect your luggage and head for Gimmelwald.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2016 at 15:32:26 #853798

Dear Annika,

Thank you very much for your reply. I will take your advice to use a storage at Lauterbrunnen railway station. Just wanted to let you know MySwissAlps.com provides tons of information. Although I was late to found this site, I am thankful. Hopefully in the future my family and I will be able to visit more places in Switzerland. Thank you very much!

• The thread ‘What can we do in one day in Gimmelwald?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.